Sunday, November 1, 2009

Atico (Adako) Cemetery

Yesterday mom, dad, and I went looking for Joel Clark's grave in the Atico cemetery. This burial information came from the Jerimiah and Alexander Clarke book. I couldn't find any mention of an "Atico" cemetery, but remembered there was an area of Caldwell Co. called Adako. We drove over to the Brown Mtn. Beach area but couldn't find anything. I did find an old cemetery with some Shells and Kincaids buried there thanks to a local gentleman we stopped and talked to. This wasn't the cemetery I was looking for. When I got home last night, I went online and did some more searching and eventually found my way to a message board that referenced the Collettsville Historical Society. I found their website and found a cemeteries link. Sure enough, I found a listing for Joel Clark. I emailed the webmaster to ask about Joel's grave. This morning I had a reply with directions to Joel's grave. It literally says to walk off the road about 50 yards and next to a big oak tree I'll find his grave. Hopefully I'll get to track this cemetery down next weekend and maybe be able to find his grave along with his wife Elizabeth Taylor Clark!

No comments:

Post a Comment