Friday, October 30, 2009

State Archives

Today I went to Raleigh to the NC State Archives. This was my second visit. I was able to locate the following information:
  • Joel Clark's Death notice in Burke Co. Gen. Society Journal
  • John Gibb's Death notice in Burke Co. Gen. Society Journal
  • Court Record for George Deal
  • Court Record for John Robinson
  • Family information for George Deal
  • Land Transaction Record for Ralph and William Holefield
I already knew about the death notice for Joel Clark and the land records for the Holefields, it was nice to get my own copies. The rest I stumbled upon.

I was also able to copy some pages from the Jerimiah and Alexander Clarke Book. These pages show the families of Jerimiah Clark(e). I'll be able to add a great deal of detail to that family in my family tree using that info.

No comments:

Post a Comment