Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Joel Clark Cemetery 2nd Visit

I guess the big victory of the first visit to the Joel Clark Cemetery was that I found it! My pictures didn't turn out very well though. The tombstones are just so old they just can't be read. That made a second visit necessary, and this time I went prepared. I took along shaving cream and a ruler, and things worked out much better.



This one turned out great. This is Elizabeth "Betsy" Taylor Clark. Her father was Hugh Taylor of Mecklenburg Co.




This is Joel Crawford Clark tombstone. This is who the cemetery is named for. I should have used my hand to wipe away the excess shaving cream on the face of the tombstone itself, but the picture still turned out ok. You couldn't read anything on the original picture.



This was the surprise find in this cemetery. I had no idea Alexander Sandy Clark was buried here. This is Joel's great uncle, and was a nice find. I wish it had been Joel's father or grandfather, but those remain to be discovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment